CURRENT JUDGES, PLEASE VISIT THE RESPECTIVE PORTAL (LOCATED IN THE SIDEBAR) FOR TRAINING RESOURCES
Election Judges work at polling places during Early Voting and Election Day fulfilling their roll as a Ballot, Chief, Check In, Provisional or Voting Judge (view specifics). Each person accepting appointment as an Election Judge should be available for the primary and general election to be held in a given year (Article 33, Section 10-203 of the Annotated Code of Maryland).
Election Judges must:
- Be a registered voter in Maryland
- Speak, read, and write the English language
- Be 16 years old by the General Election of the current election cycle
- Be physically able to work continuously throughout the entire day, 6:00 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Be available for set up the night prior to Election Day
- Be able to assist in lifting 30 lbs
- Have their own transportation for all days worked as well as any training they attend
Election Judges cannot:
- Be a candidate, a campaign manager for a candidate, or a treasurer for a candidate or political committee
- Engage in partisan or political activity while on duty in a polling place
Please note: if you submit an application and do not immediately hear back, we begin contacting and sorting applications in July 2017.