Social outreach is a significant part of the Harford County Board of Elections’ operations. Some of our outreach includes:
- Providing equipment and judge training for the Aberdeen, Bel Air and Havre De Grace municipal elections
- Providing equipment for student government elections in the public school system
- Assistance with the Absentee Ballot process at local nursing homes and assisted living centers
- Public demonstrations of our voting system
- Opportunities for voter involvement including becoming an Election Judge, EDSS or a Voter Registration Volunteer
Please visit our Election Judge page for more information on applying.
Election Day Support Specialists
This is currently unavailable. EDSS will be needed for the 2018 election cycle.
Election Day Support Specialists (EDSS) serve as technical support for polling places during the election.
- High/Vocational school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work collectively and independently, and under pressure
- Basic knowledge of Harford County’s geography or access to a GPS
- Good organization, writing, communication and problem solving skills
- Reliable transportation and a Driver’s License
- Working knowledge of computers/technology/troubleshooting
- Election Experience (preferred)
To apply for this position, please visit the Harford County Employment Portal. .
Voter Registration Volunteers
Voter Registration Volunteers (VRVs) are tasked with distributing voter registration applications to willing applicants, assisting registrants in completing their applications correctly and then returning them to the LBE before each election’s registration deadline.
To be a VRV, one must:
- Be 18 years old by the General Election
- Never have been convicted of buying or selling votes
**VRV’s do not receive compensation.**