Become an Election Judge
Election Judges work at polling places during Early Voting and on Election Day.
This is a paid position and varies based on job title (view specifics).
Election Judges sign an oath to be available for both the Primary and General Election of that cycle.
(Article 33, Section 10-203 of the Annotated Code of Maryland).
Election Judges must:
- Be registered to vote in Maryland
- Speak, read, and write the English language
- Be 16 years old by the General Election of the current election cycle
- Be able to work the entire day, 6:00 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Help set up the night before Election Day
- Be able to assist in lifting 30 lbs
- Have your own transportation for all days worked as well as any trainings
Election Judges cannot:
- Be a candidate, a campaign manager for a candidate, or a treasurer for a candidate or political committee
- Engage in partisan or political activity while on duty in a polling place