Become an Election Judge
Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
Election Judges work at polling places during Early Voting and on Election Day.
This is a paid position (earn up to $265/day) and varies based on job title (view specifics).
Election Judges sign an oath to be available for both the Primary and General Election of that cycle.
(Article 33, Section 10-203 of the Annotated Code of Maryland).
Election Judges must:
- Be registered to vote in Maryland
- Speak, read, and write the English language
- Be able to work the entire day, 6:00 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Have your own method of transportation for all days worked as well as any trainings
Election Judges cannot:
- Be a candidate, a campaign manager for a candidate, or a treasurer for a candidate or political committee
- Engage in partisan or political activity while on duty in a polling place