Recognized Political Parties in Maryland
Under Maryland Election Law Code Annotated § 4-102 and § 4-103, the recognized political parties of Maryland are as follows:
If your party is no longer recognized you can change your party affiliation.
Senatorial and Delegate Scholarships
If you are interested in applying for a Senatorial and/or a Delegate Scholarship you can look up your address to find your representatives and contact your elected officials. For more information on requirements, eligibility and values visit the Maryland Higher Education Commission.
Protecting the Election Process, Systems and Data
“Harford County recently completed, in partnership with The State Board of Elections and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), a poster showing how we protect the election process, systems and data (PDF). We hope that this information is useful and assures you that Maryland and Harford’s election officials are serious about protecting our election systems and data and voters can be confident about the integrity of the election process.”
The 2019 Bel Air Municipal Election
- Election Day is: Tuesday, November 5th, 2019 from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM at the Bel Air Town Hall located at 39 N, Hickory Avenue in Bel Air
- Registration Deadline is: October 15, 2019 by 5:00 PM
- Candidate Filing is: to be submitted to the Town Clerk on or before October 4, 2019 at 7:00 PM
- Absentee Voting: If you will be out of town on Election Day you can request an absentee ballot application. If you would like your ballot mailed, applications are due by October 29th, 2019 at 5:00 PM to our office at 133 Industry Lane in Forest Hill
- If you would like to vote in person, applications can be brought to the office on or before Election Day, Tuesday, November 5th
- Voted ballots must be returned to the Bel Air Town Hall by Election Day, Tuesday, November 5th by 8:00 PM
Visit the Town of Bel Air’s webpage for more information.
The 2019 Aberdeen Municipal Election
- Election Day is: Tuesday, November 5th, 2019
The 2020 Presidential Election
- Early Voting is: Thursday, April 16th, 2020 to Thursday, April 23rd, 2020 from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Election Day is: Tuesday, April 28th, 2020 from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Early Voting is: Thursday, October 22nd, 2020 to Thursday, October 29th, 2020 from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Election Day is: Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020 from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM